Sunday, September 23, 2012

china trip : we're heading home

Beijing airport - on our way home!

I have had this feeling before. Leaving China. It's so bittersweet.

Yes, I am excited to get home and get started on our new normal. And yet, I love so much about China. My daughters were born here. I can never and will never try to take that away from them. Just seeing Lilah absorb China for the last 2.5 weeks has been a joy for me... seeing her own people (as she calls them), the people she resembles, her own culture, her own country.

I know myself, when I go back to N.Ireland, I just feel like I'm "home". And I imagine in some ways, my daughters will feel this way about China too. They will feel divided between the country they were born in and the country they were raised in.

It has been an incredible stay, a wonderful journey to our darling little Phebe. Right now, I just want to stop and say thank you...

: A huge thank you to our adoption agency, Children's Bridge. I know there is a higher power, but thank you for 'matching us' to our daughter. For helping us through the mountains of paperwork. For your love and support. It means so much to us.

: To the guides that spent the last 2.5 weeks with us, Amy (in Hunan) and Cissy (in Beijing) - two very beautiful and yet entirely different ladies. Thank you for your support, for introducing us to amazing cuisine and culture. We will never forget either of you!

: To Phebe's birth parents - thank you for choosing life. Soon we will be separated by many many miles, but know that you will always be in our hearts. We will pray for you nightly, that you will know your daughter is loved... SO very much. And maybe some day, we will know who you are.

: For all those who prayed for us and with us... God surely answers prayer. For all those who commented here, messaged us and reached out to us during this journey, thank you. There are always trying times and each of you has brought us support in some way.

: And more than anything, thank you Lord, for giving us another daughter to raise in Your word. Help us to teach our girls that the greatest blessing in life, is our adoption, through Salvation, into God's family.

Beijing airport - on our way home! Beijing airport - on our way home! Beijing airport - on our way home! Beijing airport - on our way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment