Monday, December 17, 2012

second appointment at cheo

Phebe had her second appointment at CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) last Tuesday, exactly 7 weeks from our first appointment. Her bloodwork came back looking beautiful! Her lead levels are a tiny bit high and her Vitamin D is a tiny bit low... very normal considering the environment she lived in for the first 2 years of her life. Her chest x-ray results, again, came back showing everything in keeping with a child who has lived with a VSD for 2 years. There's a little blood on the lungs which is normal for this condition.

And here's the good news... her weight, in 7 weeks Phebe went from 10th percentile to 25th percentile! Wow! Now this shouldn't have come as a surprise to me... because this girl can eat!! In fact, right now she can eat as much as me, and that's sayin' somethin'! Her height moved up a little too, but not much. She's already in the 50th percentile for height, so I'm not too worried. Plus height is normally a slower catch-up.

Seriously though, we are so pleased and thankful that she's a happy healthy girl. Her Cardiology appointment is scheduled for January 9th. It will be nice to know what's going on with that little heart of hers.

timmies fan!

I also took her for her first Timmies last week! She and I shared a donut - split evenly, I might add!
When she'd eat her share, she request "more"!
Yes, I ended up buying her two more timbits...which she gobbled down!

7 comments:

  1. I know you will be relieved everything is going in right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Mary Poppins..."Practically perfect in every way!". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really does make me smile! She looks like she's growing and doing fantastic..so glad to hear that's the case.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I think I would need to share with a smile as cute as hers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy girl. She's becoming quite the Canadian, loving her timbits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like she is thriving... especially when timbits are in her diet! She does look like one happy little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute this little Phebe!!!
    Really happy to read all these good news.
    I know somebody else who has sweet tooth, he's from China too ;p

    isa

    ReplyDelete